About 90% of Asia Pacific’s population is scrolling through their smartphones and the States are no exception to this. People across the US are glued to their smartphones and surfing on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, and Twitter to stay connected to the outside world. Social media marketing in the USA is no new concept for marketers. However, now social commerce has become the new cool kid of the eCommerce corridors. How? Let’s find out!
What is Social Commerce?
Social commerce primarily involves using social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, etc, to promote and sell products. Social commerce has become the mainstream as digital transformation is transforming conventional marketing.
In a world where “social” has become the new cool, social commerce integrates eCommerce functionality to your social media platforms. Users can browse your social media platform and shop without leaving it. However, in the high-octane social landscape where brands build and crumble within a jiffy, a sound social commerce strategy has become the need of the hour.
Tips to magnify your reach with a social commerce strategy
Global eCommerce sales are forecasted to grow exponentially in the next three years. When eCommerce is rising beyond leaps and bounds, selling on social media can be your next step to feeling like that dollar-sign-eyes-green-tongue emoji.
- Use an AI chatbot to orchestrate your sales and customer service. Offering quick responses to your customer’s queries can make all the difference between an abandoned cart and sales. So, bring chatbots to the rescue!
- Social media isn’t just for tossing your catalog on the feed and forgetting it. If you want a result-driven social commerce experience for your customers, try to remember the social part. Keep in touch with your customers through comments, live sessions, stories, QA sessions, and more to engage them.
- Try to create a social media persona by collecting and compiling customer data and turning it into valuable insights for your target audience. In addition, take advantage of the discovery feature to bring your social commerce handle closer to your potential customers.
- Social media is ever-evolving and the latest shopping features launched by social media giants are proof of it. Test the shopping features launched by different brands like Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, etc. For instance, Instagram has launched its Instagrammable Shopping posts, stories shopping, Instagram business, Reels, IGTV and Live shopping to bring the customers closer to the store. You can use all these features to build brand authority and make shopping experiences seamless.
- Optimize your social media for smartphones by keeping in mind the mobile-first approach. Optimize the bios, posts, content, graphics everything for an immersive user experience.
- Run giveaways on social media and leverage different marketing tactics to increase your user engagement and increase customer loyalty.
Listen up: Social commerce is the future of eCommerce and social media. It can aid in accelerating customer decision journeys from engagement to purchase. Around 52% of global customers state that social media networks affect their buying decisions substantially. With more and more people using social platforms to shop, social commerce can be your key to cultivating brand awareness and driving sales.